Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crispy-Topped Herbed Fish Fillets

Tonight, the adventure is Crispy-Topped Herbed Fish Fillets and I have chosen tilapia because it's one of my favorites. It's a mild-flavored, white fish that holds up to what I throw at it and tends to work well with all sorts of toppings and cooking methods. Since cooking fish is intimidating in the first place, that's no small feat!

I have to admit that I wasn't impressed with the breading of the final product, but perhaps it was because I was in a hurry and didn't much follow the recipe! (Hmmmm) I did not make fresh bread crumbs and instead used seasoned ones I had in the cabinet. I would follow the recipe in the future and make sure the crumbs weren't as finely ground as the ones I had.

I also didn't do step 2, which I would guess now is crucial to the finished product. I simply mixed the ingredients together and pressed on top of the fish. Let's just say it didn't yield the photo finish I was hoping for . . . .

Recipe link from Cooking Club of America (Yes, I am an offical card holding member!)

No comments:

Post a Comment